Search This Blog

Background Design

Friday, May 10, 2013

Information, where are you!?

As the struggle to get Abby to eat has continued, like any mom would do, I've been googling and looking up information pretty much on a daily basis.  I have become so very frustrated at the lack of information out there for our specific situation.

There seems to be many websites out there that talk about the child who does not want to eat, but most of them are aimed at children who are on the spectrum (which is a great resource for them!), or who have severe medical conditions.  But what about the child who appears to be completely normal, but still refuses to eat??

I was checking out a website called feedingmatters.org yesterday and I really liked some of the information they had...however, no where did they have things that I can start trying right now to help Abby eat (or maybe I couldn't find it?!).  This seems to be the case with a lot of sites... here's lots of information on babies who don't eat, here are some case studies, here are some statistics... but uhh, where is the good stuff - like what to do!?  Most just say talk to your pediatrician (done that), get an OT (done that), see a GI (done that), now get them all to work together... and how exactly do I do that?!

Here is a good stat that I read on the feedingmatters website.



On a good note. It seems that I've made a really awesome connection by starting this blog.  I will be hopefully speaking with a SLP (speech language pathologist) who specializes in pediatric feeding issues later today!  Hoping to get some information on what I can do TODAY (ok, maybe tomorrow) that may start helping Abby eat better!  I'll be sure to keep you posted!

Mama Bear Out!


No comments:

Post a Comment